This content pack introduces Menelik II as the leader of Ethiopia. Ethiopia focuses on cities built on Hills, generating Faith and using Menelik’s “Council of Ministers” ability to boost Science and Culture. It also includes the Secret Societies game mode, where players will encounter mysterious organizations who offer their civilization their powerful skills.
New “Secret Societies” Game Mode - Requires the Civilization VI: Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm expansion to play
- An optional, specialized game mode with exclusive rule changes.
- Adds four Secret Societies to the game.
- Each Secret Society offers players a specialized Governor who applies their bonuses across the entire civilization.
- Secret Societies may offer players new Resources, passive bonuses, unique buildings, units, or projects to further the Society’s ends.
- Use your Secret Society membership to boost favorability and Alliances with other leaders.
New Diplomatic Quarter District and Buildings
- Build the Diplomatic Quarter, a District that can only be built once per civilization, focusing on foreign relations.
- Enhance the Diplomatic Quarter by building the Consulate and Chancery buildings.
Get the game and the expansions
Civilization VI is required to play add-on content and some features of the New Frontier Pass require either the Gathering Storm or Rise and Fall expansion to work.
Continue your quest to build your greatest empire with the Civilization VI - New Frontier Pass, featuring eight new civilizations and nine new leaders, and a variety of new gameplay content, including six new game modes. Delivering six DLC packs on a bimonthly basis from May 2020 to March 2021.